Oral Presentations – General Instructions
On-site technical support will be provided to facilitate and coordinate the smooth delivery of all oral presentations. It is important that you adhere to the following guidelines.
Preparation of your presentation
- Computers onsite will be PC´s. Presentations should be in Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), windows-based environment. Macintosh users who want to submit presentations must export their presentation as a MS PowerPoint file or save as pdf file.
- File format: On-site organizers operating systems will include Microsoft Office 2013 and Windows 7.
- The following file formats are supported: *.ppt *.pps *.pptx *.ppsx *.pdf.
- Videos: Make sure that you compress the video. There are numerous different file formats and codecs, we recommend using .mp4 videos encoded with H.264 video and AAC audio (MPEG-4 AVC). Other supported file formats are .mpg .wmv .avi using the default-installed codecs in Microsoft Windows 7. If you use a different codec or video format, please check its functionality with the technician in the Speaker Preview Room, well in advance of your presentation.
- Projector format: The standard format of the projectors in the conference rooms will be 4:3 (except for the Plenary Session – 16 :9 format
- Name your presentation accordingly:
- "Date of presentation (YY/MM/DD) _Family name_submissionnumber"
- For example: "150715_DOCQUIER_28538"
- Note the day and time of your oral session presentation.
- Presentation must be prepared in English.
- Bring with you a copy of your presentation on a USB flash drive to the Speaker Preview Room to be uploaded onto the computer provided for presentation.
- Presenters must report to the Speaker Preview Room in the "FOYER HERMES" at least 3 hours before your scheduled oral presentation.
The Speaker Preview Room will be available during the following days/hours
- September 27th: 1:00 PM – 6:30 PM
September 28th: 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM
September 29th: 7:30 AM – 6:30 PM
September 30th: 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
October 1st: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Please note that there will be no presentation uploads in the conference rooms. All presentations must be uploaded in the Speaker Preview Room prior to your presentation.
- Technical personnel will test-check your oral presentation(s) for compatibility and you will be given a final opportunity for any last minute modifications.
- Please give the technical personnel any special instructions you may have when you are in the Speaker Preview Room, not during your lecture.
Arrive at least 20 minutes before the session begins, get acquainted with the operation of the podium and location of the equipment, and meet the moderator/session chair and co-chair. You are requested, to be seated at the next speaker's seat provided at the front row of the room at least ten (10) minutes before your presentation.
Remember the four rules of effective presentation are
- Introduce your topic and inform your audience what you intend to speak about;
- Deliver your talk, including the methods, results and conclusions;
- Summarize for your audience the most important points of your lecture;
- Carefully note the allotted time for your presentation.
Select your vocabulary to address as wide an audience as possible and avoid unfamiliar abbreviations or expressions. Please note there will be no translation during the sessions, so please prepare and deliver your presentation in English;
- Keynote Lecture (30 minutes including questions) - We remind you have to to be register to the Congress
- Oral Presentation (15 minutes including questions) - We remind you have to to be register to the Congress
Poster Presentation – General Instructions
Poster size: A0, portrait format
The posters must be written in English.
- Each poster board has been allocated a number. The posters must be placed on the panels, following the numbering indicated on the panels.
- Materials to attach the posters to the planels will be available at the conference office.
- Each author must make himself available at the times of the poster presentations.
- At the end of the second poster session, the author(s) must remove their poster from the panel. The Organizing Committee will not send/keep any posters that have left at the conference venue.
Do you want to print your poster in Nice ?
Our partner Facimprimeur is located just next to the Acropolis (17, avenue des Diables Bleus - 06300 NICE).
You can order your poster throught the platform by clicking here. For any question you can contact them by email by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, note authors have to be registered to the Congress